The protection of your personal data is a top priority for all of us at KITANTZIS PLANTS!
We note that your personal data are collected ONLY in the case you use/fill in the online contact form on our site. The Data Processing Officer (DPO) is Mr. Katsanos Athanasios, President and CEO of the company KITANTZIS PLANTS S.A.. All other data is collected anonymously.
1. A few words about the Website of the Company
I am interested in KITANTZIS PLANTS!
kitantzis.gr is the site of the company, where the electronic product showroom can be found. In the event you wish to proceed with a transaction, you should visit our specially configured facilities, at 26 Ag. Varvaras Str., 14561, Kifissia, or call us at 210-8011914 or send a message to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
For any request regarding the update or modification of your personal data, you should contact the DPO of the company.
2. What are personal data?
KITANTZIS PLANTS respects me!
The term “personal data” refers to information on natural persons, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, etc., which identify or may identify an individual, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data or Data”.
3. What does “Processing of Personal Data” mean?
KITANTZIS PLANTS meets my expectations!
Any action or series of actions carried out, with or without the use of automated means, to personal data or sets of personal data, such as their collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, searching for information, use, disclosure by transmission or dissemination or any other form of disclosure, correlation, combination, restriction or erasure or destruction.
4. Is it mandatory to provide us with your Personal Data?
KITANTZIS PLANTS is family!
Whether the provision of Data is mandatory or optional, is marked with an asterisk (*) next to the mandatory Data.
If you decline to provide the information marked as mandatory in Websites, it will be impossible to achieve the basic aim of the collection of the specific Data, and may, for example, make it impossible for the company to contact you.
The provision of additional Data to the Company, beyond those marked as mandatory, is optional and does not have any consequences on the main purpose of data collection. The provision of such Data, however, is used to optimize the quality of the services we provide.
5. What Data do we collect
I care for KITANTZIS PLANTS!
We collect only the absolutely necessary Personal Data, which are appropriate and clear for the purpose for which they are intended. Such Data include the following:
- Data provided when filling in / using the contact form
-Mandatory: E-mail address*
-Mandatory: First name, last name, mailing address, phone number, so that we can contact you.
- Your image may be recorded on a CCTV network when you visit our showroom.
6. How do we use your Data?
KITANTZIS PLANTS offers maximum reliability!
We want to provide you with the best experience possible when you browse our site. In order to achieve this, we need to have a profile on you (always anonymous), combining the Data we have collected. Then, we use your Data to introduce special offers for products and services, which are likely to be of interest to you.
The legislation on the protection of personal data allows us the above actions in the context of our legitimate business interests and the need to understand our customers, in order to provide them with the highest possible level of service.
Finally, we are informing you that the processing of your Data is carried out either by the specifically authorised personnel of the company, or by the computer systems and electronic devices of the Company and exceptionally, by third parties who, being contractually bound to confidentiality and data protection, are conducting operations necessary for the purposes strictly related to the use of our sites, their services and the sale of products through our sites.
- Communication: The Company uses your data to respond to any requests/questions you submit as well as to any complaints. The information you share with us, gives us the opportunity to manage your requests and respond to them in the best way possible. We may also maintain a file of questions/requests you submitted to us in order to respond better to any future communication between us. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate business interests, so that we can provide you with the best possible service and improve our services based on your own personal experience.
- Sometimes, we may need to share your information with a third party providing a service (such as courier service or a technician visiting your premises). In such case, without sharing your personal information, we would not be able to fulfill your request.
For the communication of information regarding our products, services and events.
KITANTZIS PLANTS keeps me updated!
- Subscription to the newsletter and information on special offers: With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and your transaction details to inform you through e-mail, internet services, telephone and/or via social media sites, about related products and services, including customized/personalized offers, discounts, etc. Of course, you can revoke such consent at any time.
- Push notifications:: Depending on your browsing habits, you may receive, with your previous consent, alerts for our special offers and our news. Of course, you can revoke such consent at any time.
For the operation, improving and maintaining our business activities, our products and our services
My opinion counts at KITANTZIS PLANTS!
We are developing our business based on what’s best for you. We work hard on improving our services for the products we provide you. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
We want to communicate to you special offers and proposals, which are most relevant to your interests. To help us configure a better and more inclusive profile for you, we combine your personal or anonymous data collected throughout our business relationship. This will help us tailor your experience and decide what inspiration or content you will share with us and your customers.
- We will use the Data we keep for your favorite products, in order to display to you the most interesting content in our websites or Apps. This is done on the basis of your consent to receive notifications for Apps or – for the sites – your consent to install cookies on your device. For example, we may display a list of products which you looked at recently or give you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other Data you have shared with us.
- To send your requests for evaluation and research, so that we can improve our services. These messages will not contain advertising content and do not require prior consent when sent by e-mail or text message (SMS). We have a legitimate interest in doing so, as this helps our products or services to be more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to decline to receive these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences in your account on the Internet.
For the protection of rights, assets, or for security reasons, our own or third party.
KITANTZIS PLANTS protects me
- Protection of your account from fraud and other illegal activities: This includes the use of your data for the maintenance, updating and protection of your account. We are also monitoring your browsing habits so as to identify and resolve quickly any problems and to protect the integrity of our site. All of the above form part of our legitimate business interests.
- Operation of CCTV Systems: In order to protect our customers, premises, assets and our partners from criminal activities, we operate CCTV systems in our shops that record images for security reasons. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. If, through the use of the CCTV system, we detect any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity, fraud and suspicious transactions, we will process these data for reasons relating to the prevention or detection of unlawful acts. Our goal is to protect our customers, employees, and partners from criminal activities.
For our compliance with our obligations arising from the applicable legislation
KITANTZIS PLANTS abides by the laws
- In order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, we need to exchange data with the competent authorities. For example, following a court decision, for the exchange of data with judicial services.
- To send you communication messages required by law or that are necessary to inform you of changes to the services we provide. For example, updates on notifications regarding privacy, product recall notices and legally required information on your orders. These messages will not contain advertising content and do not require prior consent when sent by e-mail or text message (SMS). If we do not use your personal information for these purposes, we are unable to comply with our legal obligations.
Who are the recipients of your Data – How is your Data communicated?
Only strictly authorised personnel of the company has access to your Data. Our authorized personnel is bound by a confidentiality agreement and so are the cooperating with us companies or third party service providers, who process your data as Data Processors on our behalf and in accordance with our directions.
Notification by you
- When you use certain social media sites or Apps, you can create a public profile which may contain information such as user name, profile picture and city. You can also share content with your friends or the general public, including information on your interaction with the Company. We encourage you to use the tools we provide you for the management of content shared in the Company’s social media, in order to control the information you make available through the social media tools of the Company.
- We only provide them with the anonymous information needed for the execution of their services.
- They may use your Anonymous Data only for the specific purposes that are defined in our contract with them.
- We are working closely together to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any and all data will be deleted or become anonymous again.
How do we ensure that the Data Processors respect your data?
The Processors we use have agreed and are contractually bound with the Company:
- to observe confidentiality,
- To not transmit your data to third parties, without the consent of the Company,
- To take appropriate security measures,
- To comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data, and in particular Regulation 979/2016/EC (otherwise GDPR).
International Transfer of Anonymous Data
We are taking measures to comply with the applicable legal requirements for the transmission of personal data to recipients in countries outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, which do not ensure an adequate level of protection. We apply various measures to ensure that your Personal Data tranferred in these countries enjoy adequate protection in accordance with the data protection rules and regulations. These include the signing of contractual clauses, certification that the recipient has adopted the European binding rules or that they apply the Privacy Shield between the EU and the USA and Switzerland – United States.
How long do we keep your data for?
Some examples of retention periods for customer data:
If your order is covered by a warranty, the relevant Personal Data will be stored until the end of the warranty period.
Your declaration of consent for receiving our newsletter is kept for as long as our newsletter is sent to you by the Company, and in any case not more than six months from the time we stop sending you the newsletter.
What rights do you have regarding your personal Data?
You have the right of access to your Personal Data.
This means that you have the right to be informed by us if we process your Data. If we do so, you have the right to ask us what purposes we are processing the information for, what kind of information we keep, who we share it with, how long we keep it for, whether we use it to automate decision-making and what your other rights are, such as the rights of rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing, as well as the submission of complaint to the Data Privacy Protection Authority.
You have the right to rectification – to correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
If you find that there is a mistake in your Data, you can submit a request to correct them (e.g. correction of name or update address change).
You have the right of erasure/right to-be-forgotten.
You may ask us to delete or remove your Data where there is no longer a good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to withdraw your consent when this constitutes the sole legal basis for processing your information.
You have the right of portability.
You may ask to provide you with a copy of your personal Data in a commonly used, machine-readable form or to transfer your information to another data processor.
You have the right to restriction of processing.
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Data for as long as the review of your objections regarding their processing is pending.
You have the right to object and withdrawal of consent for processing your Data.
You may object to us processing your data and we will cease doing so if there are no urgent and legal reasons that supersede this right. If you have submited your consent to the collection, processing and use of your Personal Data, you can withdraw your consent at any time with future force.
What is the applicable law governing the processing of your Data from us?
The applicable Law is the Greek Law, as configured in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU, and the generally applicable national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
The competent Courts for any disputes which may arise in association with your Data are the Courts of Athens.
Where can you file a complaint about us if you believe we have breached the applicable laws regarding your data privacy?
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr) if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data breaches the applicable national and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
How you will be notified of any changes in this Policy?
We will update this Policy as required. If there are important changes to the Policy or in the way we use your personal data, we will inform you before implementing these changes by publishing on our website a prominently placed announcement or with other appropriate means.
Questions and comments.
- Send an e-mail message to: email@example.com